If you are worrying about making your writing class exciting and inspiring students to write and read better? Worry no more! Storybird can do the job for you.
What is Storybird ?
Storybird is a web-based tool that aids teachers to let students write stories based on pictures. The tool allows students to create individual stories alone or to work together on a common history or story as small or big groups. Through Storybird, teachers can let the whole class write a story collaboratively in a round robin way by writing their own text and inserting images. After which, they have the option of sharing their Storybird privately or publicly on the network. In short, storybirds are short, art-inspired stories you can make to share, read and print.
- Art-inspired writing – Students can be inspired by its beautiful art and jumpstarted their writing.
- Creative writing – Teachers can let their students “unlock” stories that can be found within the art, including great themes and ideas.
- Elegant tools – It is a user-friendly tool with easy to use features that enables its user to the creation process and helps students to stay focused.
- Social reinforcement – Teachers can ask their students to give peer feedback to their peers. In this case, students can be actively involved in the class participation.
- Sharable and Printable – Teachers and students can embed their stories in blogs, email to parents, download, and print stories.
- Or Even a Fundraise to raise money for your school or class for a good cost.
Why use Storybird?
- You can encourage reluctant students (readers in class) to read, write and participate in class.
- There are lots of opportunities for students to work collaboratively and share their ideas while they create their own writing or story.
- Storybird isn’t difficult to use, so teachers won’t have problems because students are easily able to navigate program to create their own storybooks.
- Teachers can correct and review their students’ writing easily with no hassle.
- Storybird facilitates collaboration and communication among students and teachers.
- Users can be notified when a collaborator has added an update to a story.
To help you get started, I will be sharing some video tutorials to guide you on how to use Storybird.
How to sign up.
How to create story using Storybird.